Sunday, June 7, 2009

Black and White

Sometimes I get stuck on one way of thinking.  I like to call it the black & white way of thinking.  Besides just liking the way those colors look, I also like the contrast between the two.  

Sometimes in life I work the same way as these colors.  I'm either all or nothing.  I also like it when I can tell if something is really good vs. really bad.  I like to know for sure an answer to something & not have to search through the grey.  I like to be 100% confident of my choices because I knew I picked the right one.  I guess this would be a good time to also acknowledge that there must needs be opposition in all things.  We need to taste the bitter to know of the sweet or........ 














....we must eat oatmeal almost every morning to know how much we love Captain Crunch.  Pls. observe below.


You know I may just reconsider and change my usual perspective of eating a healthy well-balanced meal to eating sugar cold cereal on the couch at least every other morning.  They were so quiet that I even had to investigate and when I found the crime scene I just had to smile.  

Daddy and his cold cereal stash.  The kids finally found it.

WHITE------Whole grain hot ceral= HEALTHY KIDS 
BLACK-------Sugar cold cereal = UNHEALTHY BUT HAPPY KIDS

Oh the balance.

I'm sure I would still be fine if I considered a little different color every once in a while if it looked like this.....

HAPPY!


Speaking of happy these boys sure loved the bike ride Dad took them on today.   Do they all have brown eyes....Daddy's fault again.



9 comments:

Stacey Crewse said...

What a funpost...Im with you on the black & white. All or nothing....sometimes....:) Look at your cuties on your new couch! Love the brown eyed, handsome boys you have! Cute pic!

stepforddreams said...

Love the pics, in our old house I decorated the bedroom in a stunning black, white and grey. It was beautiful. I can't stop though. Here at our new place half the house is black white and grey. I have to force colour. So now our bedroom is becoming black white and teal! Love the cereal pics. Anything for peace, quiet and happy kids I say.

Annie said...

Nothing like a little balance to keep ya healthy wealthy and wise.

The boys are so cute in the trailer. I want them!

Debbie said...

great picture of the boys!! (you must be practicing your photography!!:) ) I love Wells face in holding the captain crunch. It's nice to see that they aren't all fighting over who gets to hold it!

Jami said...

Oh I loved this post. I am a all or nothing gal myself. It is rough at times...
I also like to know if I am going to make a good choice or bad choice. But life isn't black and white all the time...and it stress's me out when it isn't.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a bike trailer that holds 3, or is one of them just sitting on the "floor"? Hmm...I think I want a bike trailer now...=0)
Cute pic!

Laura said...

I love the photo you took of your kids on the couch. Priceless!! :-)

Whitney said...

Captain Crunch Berries!!?? woohooo! one of my favorites. Im pretty much drooling over the photos in this post. Where do you think we could get a $100,000 to redecorate me house with?

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Terrific b & w photos. I thought I had seen them all out there & those I have never had the good fortune of spotting. Great, great rooms. Have to say, I could use a turquoise colored room myself!! You children are adorable. Lucky mom!
Wonderful post :D